Your Guide to Writing Killer Business or Project Proposal that Convert Your Audience
Successful proposals are the lifeblood of many organizations; if they’re ineffective, don't persuade the reader, or fail to meet readers' needs, your organization doesn’t get new business, may lose existing business, and may not get the funding it needs to survive. Unfortunately, many businesses lack the expertise to write successful proposals. Whether bidding on a $5,000 project or a $10 million contract, the way a proposal is written and presented can mean a difference between winning or losing the bid.
A One Day Workshop that helps you Craft Winning Projects and Business Proposals
If you are in a situation that requires the use of proposals, you know what a pain they can be. If your proposals look and read like poorly written brochures and put people to sleep, then seize on this opportunity to learn how to write buyer-focused proposals and closing more businesses. Get your fair share of the business by mastering the art and science of writing business proposals that get winning results. Learn the secret techniques and tricks that successful proposal writers would keep under wraps to craft winning proposals.
By the end of this workshop, you will learn to:
- Create proposals that will become the benchmarks for your buyers
- Develop a proven sales proposal structure and content guidelines that work for any size or type of businesses
- Speak your reader’s language to convince him that it is in his best interest to change his stance and buy in
- Grab your speed reader’s attention by keeping his/her preferences in mind
- Comprehend that if you try to appeal to everyone, you will appeal to no one
- Leverage on buyer information to make a compelling case for your proposal
- Give your writing authority by applying skillful structuring from the layout to the construction of sentences
- Understand that the paragraph is essentially a unit of thought and not of length
Who should attend?
This workshop is a great fit for managers, senior officers and executives who
- want to craft great project proposal and get their ideas accepted.
- are required to write new business proposals or respond to RFPs.
- are involved in pitching or project planning (Sales, marketing and business development team)
- write internal business proposals.
- review proposals before submission.
It is also beneficial to those who are either unsure how to write clear, persuasive messages and documents or who feel they’d like to refresh and fine tune their skills.
This is an action-oriented and highly interactive workshop comprising intensive hands-on writing practices, videos, group discussions and mini lectures.
MODULE ONE: Focusing on the needs of the potential client
- Write an outline to influence the most primitive part of your decision maker’s brain
- Fight apathy so your readers will act towards a solution despite being busy or preoccupied
- Change your readers condition by going beyond features and pointing out the benefits.
- The cognitive brain vs the emotional brain
- Arrange written information to stimulate 4 persuasive chemicals
- Operational vs relational writers
- The pinnacle of successful persuasive writing
- How to avoid your own pitfalls
MODULE TWO: The Hierarchy of Effects Model
- Gain the target audience’s attention by cutting through clutter
- Design your message to evoke reader’s interest in the promoted product or service
- Stimulate their desire to purchase the value proposition with your USP
- Encourage the target audience to act through further investigation or a physical purchase
MODULE THREE: Articulate the benefits, financials, deliverables and terms of your proposal
- The conduit to use to explain your motivations for every element of your request.
- Reframe the conversation in the perspective of the person you’re talking to
- Words that convey urgency and grab immediate attention
- Demonstrate cause and effect
- Words construing objectivity and trust
- Spice up bland text to create a sense of connection
MODULE FOUR: Hone your tone and voice
- Resonate and engage with conversational writing style
- Pick out one single reader
- Eliminate passive sentences
- Excite with the use of action
Business Writing Expert: Ms Sandra Daniel
Sandra Daniel is an ACTA-Certified trainer and an associate adult educator. She holds a Master in Science in Training and Development from University of Leicester. Sandra, a master practitioner with the American Board of NLP, has a profound ability to bring the best out of people. She revolves her trainings around practicality and simplicity, arming participants with skills to instantly apply. She is a dynamic and entertaining trainer/speaker in areas of communication strategies, leadership management as well as personal and organization productivity.
As a corporate trainer, she has been guiding various statutory boards, government-based organizations and private business enterprises in recognizing opportunities to function proficiently in competitive environments. Some of her workshops and public seminars include clients from diverse industries namely Citibank, State Courts, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Tourism Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Kreuz Subsea Technologies Pte Ltd, Ministry of Defence, Singapore Armed Forces, Ministry of Manpower, Singapore General Hospital, Housing & Development Board, Land Transport Authority, Central Provident Funds Board, Bax Global, Hilton Hotel and Singapore Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic.