Managing Virtual Teams Effectively In A Digital Age (LIVE Stream)
The New Challenge Of Managing Remote & Virtual Teams
In the light of the ongoing pandemic, the global workforce adapts to telecommuting and managing virtual teams to keep business operations going. Unquestionably, virtual teams need a new strategy to communicate well digitally. As a matter of fact, leaders are forced to learn new skills to effectively manage their people and meetings remotely.
Most people who have worked remotely will understand that while virtual teamwork has its pros, it can also be challenging. For example, some of the limitations in virtual teams include some people participating more than others. Moreover, there could be difficulties arising when dealing with conflict within remote teams. And it is also much more difficult to develop and maintain trust while working virtually. The frustration team members experience is often worsened by technological glitches on calls, connectivity issues, and differing team members’ expectations about the comfort and use of technology.
The New Essential Skills You Need As A Manager Of Remote & Virtual Teams
This interactive half-day workshop has been designed with the purpose of guiding managers to overcome these challenges while leading remote teams. With this purpose in mind, participants will learn to adopt the new skill-sets to enable them in becoming more effective managers post-pandemic. Additionally, participants will also gain confidence when engaging and managing virtual teams in today’s digital age.
By the end of this half-day workshop, learners will be able to:
- Learn how management requirements have changed
- Discover tips and techniques on how to manage remote teams
- Adopt the skill-sets to drive results and impact as a manager post COVID-19
- Be trained by one of the top Virtual Speakers in Asia – and top 15% globally
- The Changing Management Landscape
- How the needs and demands of management are changing
- The future of work and its impact on how to manage teams
- Adapting to growing and permanent trend of remote working
- What COVID-19 has taught us about remote management
- Managing Your Employees Remotely
- Identifying what management competencies have changed, and how to adapt
- Remote communication: what, when and how?
- How to avoid the pitfalls of remote management
- Case studies of companies successfully implementing remote working
- Motivating and Engaging Your Team Remotely
- How to motivate your team when they’re not in the office
- Creating engaged, distributed teams
- Driving team performance and accountability
- Positioning yourself for management success in the post-pandemic world
“Mark shares his experience which is very applicable in today’s context where work is going to go virtual at some point and in some parts. We’ll have to make it work for everybody and it’s great to hear from someone with the relevant experience. Recommended!”
– Lai Choon Lian, Agency for Integrated Care
“Trainer is good in facilitation and knowledgeable. Excellent! Great workshop for all levels of staff as remote working is here to stay.”
– Joseph Ng, Singapore Institute of Technology
“Trainer is very insightful and during the workshop, he gave out solutions that one can look at and work out with. This workshop has given me an idea on how I can improve the workflow internally in my department, and also gave insights for my company.”
– Peggy Tan, National Skin Centre
Our Trainer’s Profile
Mark Stuart, Master Trainer, Anagram Group
Certified in Design Thinking & Innovation by MIT
Professional Member of Asia Professional Speakers – Singapore
Group Representative – British Chamber of Commerce Singapore, Entrepreneur & Small Business Committee
Committee Member – Finance & Insurance Focus Group, Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI)
Mark is a sought-after corporate trainer who trains over 175+ schools, government agencies, organisations, and corporate clients in DISC profiling, Innovation, Leadership and Soft Skills. He has over 15 years of international management and investment banking experience in the UK, Australia and Asia for Morgan Stanley, Schroders, Goldman Sachs, Abbey National and Salomon Brothers. Mark has also taught DISC Train-the-Trainer programmes.
In these roles, he was a Global and Regional department director, and managed teams from Singapore, China, India and Japan. Mark designs and delivers Anagram’s soft-skills, leadership, management, and new graduate training courses for banks and MNCs in Asia. He is also a leadership and executive coach for SME business leaders in Asia.
Mark has led large award-winning international teams across 3 continents. This exposure has allowed him to see first-hand what works and what doesn’t in a multicultural workplace.
His experience leading rapid growth and extensive change gave him invaluable experience in building teams and increasing employee engagement. Mark’s training methods are highly interactive and focus on strategies and personal goals that can be implemented in the workplace immediately, delivering instant return on investment. Mark graduated from the University of Surrey with a Bachelor of Science in Business Economics and Computing. In his free time, he enjoys sailing, travelling and current affairs. He is also a Professional member of the prestigious Asia Professional Speakers – Singapore and the Singapore Human Resources Institute.