IMPACT© Communicate to Influence
Communicate and Work with others effectively - regardless of your positional power
Times have changed when command and control rule everything in the company. Modern organizations are practising flatter organizational structures with less bureaucracy and reporting systems. As such, one can use authority as an influencing power to a limited degree.
Less hierarchical, cross-team and partnership working are the norm. In order to get things done fast and in the way you want, they can be achieved faster and better through inspiring, influencing and persuading.
Apply Simple Tips for Big Success Anytime, Anywhere
Our one-day power-packed workshop will instantly help you raise awareness of your own influencing and persuasion style. You will also understand the different ways to influence and persuade and be provided with practical tips and techniques to enhance your influencing power. Upon completion of this workshop, you will find and build an effective personal influencing style that persuades others to collaborate with you.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to acquire skills, behaviors and attitudes necessary to achieve desired results without relying on the use of authority.
By the end of the workshop, participants will learn:
- Learn about the importance of influencing and persuasion skills at work.
- Understand how to adjust and flex your natural influencing style to get things done with different personalities.
- Learn critical skills and barriers to overcome to enable effective communication
- Enhance your influencing power through effective personal branding to create a good first impression
- Equip yourself with tips to manage and resolve conflicts through influencing skills
30% of workshop:
- Concepts and theory sharing
- Best practices sharing from programme leader
- Video learning
70% of workshop:
- Hands-on learning through role plays with observations, review and feedback
- Small group discussions and presentations
- Open discussions
- Online quizzes
- Experiential learning activities
Who Should Attend?
Business Leaders, senior executives, managers, negotiators, sales and marketing personnel, support personnel , HOD, supervisors, team leaders, project managers and business professionals and anyone who wants to improve their result by mastering this vital skill of influence and positive persuasion.
Maxine is a tri-lingual speaker, corporate facilitator and coach with a passion for colorfully impacting lives™ over 20 years of working with diverse teams across Asia. One of the most prolific speakers in Asia having successfully delivered keynotes on wealth management, retirement planning, peak performance and sales excellence to audiences in 30 over cities around the world.
Maxine has a knack of turning complicated concepts into practical and highly engaging learning applications. Maxine is fluent in spoken and written English, Mandarin and Cantonese and she delivers her messages in the three languages seamlessly to help her audiences achieve their highest level of understanding.
Coming from a decade of working in the financial services industry as a financial advisor and banker, Maxine shares her experience and knowledge in Relationship Management topics like Advisory Sales (B2B & B2C), Impactful presentation, Business Etiquette, Networking Skills, Negotiation Skills, Effective Communication, Client Service Excellence, Client Book Management, Cross-Cultural Awareness, Business Presentation Skills, and Time and Stress Management for better productivity. The skills she imparts are especially applicable to service and relationship-based industries like finance and banking, insurance and real estate.
Over the years, Maxine has received multiple awards from various international training institutions in recognition for her excellent work delivered to their corporate clients. She is also a frequent guest on Channel News Asia Radio 938, Money Mind show, to share on her experience and expertise on topics related to client and stakeholder engagement. What sets Maxine apart from most trainers in the industry is her ability to connect with her audiences instantly with her authenticity and personal energetic style!
- Financial services – Insurance, retail banking, wealth management, private banking
- Media & event management
- Retail & Fast-moving consumer goods
Education and Professional Qualification
- Bachelors Degree with Merit, National University of Singapore
- True Colors Personality Profiling – Accredited Facilitator – True Colors USA
- Belbin Team Profiling – Accredited Trainer – Belbin UK
- Professional Diploma in Training and Development – STADA Singapore
- Professional Certificate in Designing and Facilitating Experiential Learning – STADA Singapore
- Better Buyer Relationships – Sales Training Solutions Accredited Facilitator – IOWEU Hong Kong
Awareness and reflection
- Experiential learning activity to raise awareness on influencing style
- Reflect on what you are doing well in influencing others
- Identify the challenges you have faced in influencing others
Introduction of IMPACT© toolkit to influence others effectively
- Influencing strategies
- Managing objections
- Personal gravitas
- Assertive communication
- Centers of Influence
Tool 1: Influencing strategies
- Complete a questionnaire to know your natural influencing style
- Be aware of 9 push/pull influencing strategies which work on various personalities
- Learn how to adapt your natural influencing style to suit different situations
Tool 2: Managing objections
- Understand the reasons behind objections and the need to influence others
- Learn the 5-step systematic approach to turn any NO into a YES
- Be equipped with power phrases that instantly influences others to let their guard down
Tool 3: Personal gravitas
- Be aware of your own personal brand and how others perceive you
- Develop your own authenticity and credibility enhance your gravitas to influence others
- Learn how to use the right words to evoke emotion and invoke action
Tool 4: Assertive communication
- Learn the use of “broken record method” to manage aggressive stakeholders and customers
- Know how to turn “You-statements” into “I-statements” to create positive outcomes
- Be aware of how to avoid aggressive words that trigger negative emotion and use assertive words to calm things down
Tool 5: Centers of Influence
- Recognize the power of people connections and Centers of Influence (COI) to ignite change
- Learn how to identify COI around you and turn them into your allies
- Leverage existing and create new networks to cultivate the power of influence
Tool 6: Trust-building
- Learn about David Maister’s Trust Equation to win friends and influence people
- Know how to measure your trust in others and their trust in you
- Be aware of how to influence others in a way that they value most
- Recap and reflect on learning
- Personal Action Planning (PAP) for personal commitment to improvement
Evaluation and certificate presentation
- Evaluate the workshop
- Receive your certificate of completion