Adobe XD Training For Beginners
Adobe XD is a vector-based user experience design tool for web apps and mobile apps. Adobe describes it as “The fastest and most reliable User Experience (UX) design solution on the market for companies of 10 or 10,000. Breakthrough bottlenecks, iterate rapidly and scale for the future. The security and control you need are built right in.” The tool works on Mac and Windows machines as well as iOS and Android for mobile functionality. You can use it as a direct download (the license pings your desktop every month) or in the cloud for mobile devices.
In this interactive one-day course, you will be introduced to Adobe XD, including its tools and workflows. You will learn how to set up a project for UX design and utilise artboards and grids. You will explore powerful capabilities such as “Repeat Grid” to design faster and ” Assets Panel” to manage assets. By the end of the course, you will be able to build compelling digital experiences using Adobe XD.
- Explore and navigate Adobe XD
- Learn the tools and capabilities
- Learn how to incorporate interactivity between artboards
- Beginners who are new to the world of design & user experience
- Professionals involved in User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), marketing, communications, design, etc.
Participants will need to bring a laptop with internet/wifi connectivity for the training.
Getting Started with Adobe XD
- Working with the Design and Prototype views
- Navigating around your artboard
Setting Up a Project
- Designing Artboard grids
- Adding and deleting Artboards
- Creating additional screens for different display sizes and platforms
Drawing in Adobe XD
- Drawing and combining simple shapes
- Setting Appearance attributes
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
Adding Assets from other sources
- Using Illustrator vector graphics
- Importing bitmap graphics
- Masking techniques
Creating Accurate Layouts
- Aligning and arranging Objects
- Creating a Repeat Grid
- Linking & unlinking Artboards
- Setting screen transitions
- Adding interactions to elements
Building Objects in XD
- Create a slide-in menu
- Create a simple switch
- Create element overlays
Testing Your Project
- Previewing a prototype
- Recording the user-experience as a movie
Adobe Certified Master Trainer: James Lee
James Lee is a passionate facilitator with more than 20 years of training expertise in both corporate and educational fields. During which, he has guided and mentored numerous users in the usage of software applications. He is currently a Social Media and Content Specialist at Equinet Academy. James has a vast number of certifications, including the Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP), Google Ads Search Certificate, Google Ads Display Certificate, Adobe Certified – Photoshop CC 2015, Adobe Certified – Dreamweaver CC, Adobe Certified Web specialist, and more.