1-Day Introduction to Python (LIVE Stream)
Gain the Skills You Need to Become a Rewarding Python Programmer
Python is the Most Popular Programming Language in the World Today
Many industrial applications developed using Python, for example, banking, finance, manufacturing and engineering sectors. It is also widely adopted in the key areas like data analytics, machine learning, internet security and robotics. In addition, Python has become the scripting language of choice for many large multinational organizations, including Google, Facebook, Apple and Citibank
Learn & Add this In-Demand Skills to Your Skills Set
Gain the core knowledge to Python programming. In this course, Our Data Scientist will share with you the core concepts and structure of python programming languages and helps you grasp what’s going on under the hood. After going over basic statements and expressions in Python, you will learn more about strings, variables, and conditional code. Upon wrapping up this course, you’ll have the knowledge you need to continue your coding journey in whichever language piques your interest.
• Understand the data analysis ecosystem in Python.
• How to Perform data analysis with python using the pandas library.
• Apply basic Python syntax
• Use Python to automate your daily operational work
• Python operations, conditionals, arrays, and basic object-oriented programming
• Install and use Python standard packages and third party package
• Learn how to use the pandas data analysis library to analyze data sets
• Hands-on Analyze real datasets to better understand techniques for data analysis
Who Should Attend?
- Suited for Finance, Sales, Service, Business Development and Marketing Analysis seeking to gain deeper understanding of using Python for data analysis.
- Anyone should be able to learn the essentials of Python programming language and all participants should be greatly benefit from it.
- Existing programmers, data scientists and engineers with development experience in another high-level programming or scripting language such as C/C++, Perl, PHP etc. will also benefit by learning the Python Programming Language.
- No prior background of programming knowledge and experience
Note: Participant is required to bring their own laptop with access to internet (WiFi network will be provided)
Mr Solomon Soh, ACTA certified has trained and coached over 100 professionals in the area of data science, python programming and coding. Solomon is a Certified AI Engineer Associate by AI Singapore and holds certifications in Alibaba Cloud Architect and Alteryx respectively. Solomon interests include Reinforcement Learning, Natural Language Processing and Time-Series analysis.
Topic 1 Get Started with Python
• Course Overview
• Install Python
• Jupyter Notebook
• Google Colab
• First Python Script
Topic 2 Python Data Type
• Native Data Types (Numeric, Boolean, Strings)
• Lists in Python
• List Functions (append, pop, remove, Etc.)
• Tuples and Sets in Python
• Python Dictionary
• Practice and Exercise
Topic 3 Arrays and Matrices
• Array datatypes
• Matrix (1D and 2D)
• Matrix Concatenation
• Accessing Elements of an Array
Topic 4 Basic Operators in Python
• Numerical Operators (Addition, Multiplication, Division, etc.)
• Compound Operators
• Comparison Operators
• Logical Operators
Topic 5 Basic Functions and Numerical Indexing in Python
• Generating Arrays using “linspace”
• Simple Mathematics (sum, exp, sqrt)
• Sorting values; argmax and argmin functions
Topic 6 Flow Control and Loop
• If Else Statements in Python
• For Loop in Python
• Break & Continue
• While Loop
Topic 7 Function in Python
• Function Syntax
• Arguments and Parameters
• Default Arguments and Variable Arguments
Topic 8 Modules & Packages
• Python Standard Libraries
• Important packages: NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, etc
• Install Third Party Packages
• Anaconda Packages