Having Trouble Viewing? Click Here to View
Powerful E-mail Techniques
Write Better E-mails and Get More Done Than Ever Before with Native English Speaker and Communications Coach Emma Jarman-Jones
“An e-mail can make or break an opportunity for you, so send and respond to them wisely.” – Leila Lewis of Be Inspired PR
Create Concise and Sophisticated E-mails with Ease and Confidence
Do you know that in general, we should keep our e-mails to the length of one screen? If our messages are much longer than one screen, we should consider using another method of communicating (such as a phone call). Though e-mail standards are still evolving, this course will share with you the basic guidelines to write better e-mails.
Additionally, we are often bogged down with e-mails that are too long, wordy, and unclear. Instead of wasting time rewriting, clarifying and causing miscommunication – write it once, write it right, and get the job done the first time.
This interactive and informative course that uses a blended-learning approach helps participants become more polished and professional in their e-mails and documents to their colleagues, vendors, and customers.
This highly effective e-mail writing course will equip you with simple yet effective e-mail writing techniques to structure and write professional e-mails to your bosses, colleagues and customers.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Streamline your thought process and save time by focusing on what to write instead of how to write it;
- Eliminate numerous time-consuming revisions by organising your thoughts and structuring your sentences correctly, concisely and clearly;
- Present your message in a professional and reader-friendly format;
- E-mail etiquette that identify and avoid embarrassing common grammar mistakes in e-mails;
- Learn quick and easy editing techniques with practical writing tips;
- Write professional, respectful emails that drive action and reflect well on you, your team, and your company.
Date: 24 Jan 2018 (Wed)
Time: 9am - 5pm
Royal Plaza On Scotts,
- Inclusive of course materials, 2 Tea breaks and International Gourmet Buffet Lunch at Award winning Carousel Restaurant (Halal Certified)
To register, you can either register online or download a hardcopy registration form
Ms Chye Fen
6720-3333 | phone
6720-2222 | fax
Unit 1 Introduction
- Who do you work for?
- The writing process - using sentences and paragraphs effectively
Unit 2 Organising your writing
- Using sentences and paragraphs effectively;
- Reviewing sentences and correcting grammar mistakes;
- Writing accurately - Identifying common mistakes;
- Organising information.
Unit 3 Projecting the Right Image
- Adopting a modern writing style - writing positively;
- Personalising your writing - your attitude;
- Identifying old-fashioned words and phrases;
- Replying in different situations;
- Dealing with different/difficult situations;
- Email etiquette;
- E-mail guidelines.
Who Must Attend?
This long-standing and popular course is suitable for administrators, executives, senior officers and managers seeking to improve and refresh their written business communication skills. Participants whom have attended this course before were also able to increase their knowledge of the finer points of e-mail writing.
“We continue to receive very positive comments about Emma’s courses from my staff members. Several people, including our internal communication manager, said that Emma provided the best one-day training courses. Many thanks for providing insights, tips and factoids that will enable our company to write and communicate even better to our bosses and stakeholders.” - Cynthia Zhuang, Marketing Manager, NETS Singapore
“Great business courses by Emma! I walk away with some great tips and insights which are not just ideas that have no practical consideration. The class’s spirit of spontaneity and engagement is also very encouraging for my learning. Every trainer should be able to keep the attention of the class just like she has.” - Jess Tang-Xin, Senior Admin Executive, Singapore Workforce Development Agency
“I loved Emma’s presentation style. She shares stories to help everyone relate to the business scenarios that we may encounter at work. She also simplifies concepts for everyone to understand easily. One of the best professional development courses I have been to. I will recommend my colleagues to join me for one of her other upcoming courses.” - Razline Maria, Senior Business Associate, Shangri-la Hotel Singapore
Business English and Communications Coach: Emma Jarman-Jones (MBA, Imperial College London in UK)
Emma Jarman-Jones specialises in developing and enhancing workplace communication skills. This work includes writing, speaking, interpersonal and management skills training. She has over 15 years of experience training in Singapore, as well as regionally in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Emma has worked as an external consultant and trainer with both private and public sectors, designing, customising and delivering programmes, and coaching individuals. She believes in the potential of every person and is dedicated to providing the highest quality of training that will benefit the individual, as well as the organisation.
Emma holds an MBA from the Imperial College London in United Kingdom. She has also completed a Diploma in Human Resource Development at the Singapore Institute of Management, and is a certified People Developer Consultant.